January 6, 2017
The semi-annual exam and hygienic cleaning are foundational to preventive dentistry. Lisle dentists, Dr. Frank Marchese and Dr. Jeanelle Marchese at Arbor Dental Care, check many components of oral health, clean teeth and formulate treatment plans to keep smiles strong–and good-looking, too.
A Healthy Mouth Takes Vigilance
Drs. Frank and Jeanelle Marchese and their skilled team at Arbor Dental Care recommend semi-annual examinations, digital X-rays and professional cleanings. Children as young as age one are included in this treatment protocol.
As with any body system, your mouth needs routine maintenance to look, feel and function its very best. So, these dentists in Lisle perform oral exams that include:
- Visual inspection for tooth decay
- Periodontal probing to check for gum disease
- A bite and alignment check
- Quick and comfortable oral cancer screening
- Check of existing restorations and cosmetic work such as bridgework, dental crowns, fillings, porcelain veneers and composite resin bonding
- Examination of the jaw for proper alignment and functioning (TMJ dysfunction)
- Check for teeth grinding issues (bruxism)
Also, a skilled hygienist scales and polishes the teeth, removing harmful plaque and tartar that brushing and flossing miss. This biofilm, and its bacteria, causes tooth decay and gum disease, both major chronic health problems in the United States.
In its mildest form, gum disease, or gingivitis, causes bad breath, gum tenderness, bleeding and swelling. Its advanced form, periodontitis, gum disease causes gum and bone recession. These conditions lead to dental mobility, tooth loss and systemic health problems.
A Comprehensive Treatment Plan
A critical part of the six-month examination is the comprehensive treatment plan. Put together by Dr. Marchese, the plan outlines care for each patient’s preventive, restorative and cosmetic needs.
Through the treatment plan, the doctor delivers restorative services as needed and addresses aesthetic concerns, too. Services include:
- Tooth-colored fillings, porcelain crowns, periodontal therapy and extractions
- Plastic sealants and fluoride treatments
- Mouth guards for teeth grinding
- Porcelain veneers
- Professional at-home and in-office teeth whitening
- Composite resin bonding
- Dental implants
- Full and partial dentures
- Emergency dentistry for oral injuries, toothaches and lost restorations
Prevention is the Goal
Through six-month visits to Arbor Dental Care, you can maintain great oral and overall health. This dental ideal means that teeth and gums are strong and attractive and jaw joints and bite work harmoniously.
Further, a healthy mouth impacts the rest of your body. With good oral health, primary care physicians see fewer systemic diseases such as type-2 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, dementia, respiratory infections and other serious health problems.
Make Your Semi-annual Appointment
Have you arranged your six-month exam and cleaning? If not, why not contact Arbor Dental Care today? You’ll love the friendly demeanor and extensive skill set of this well-respected team of dental care providers.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.